Thursday, October 6, 2011

I got a complicated order!

I had a dream last night--nightmare, actually, that I was at work on a busy, busy day and the phone rang. So I go to pick up the phone (although, I remember using my headset for this, not the phone).

This is how the dreamland phonecall went: (actually, I don't even remember speaking first upon answering)

Customer: I'd like a decaf coffee...(1 minute pause while you can hear her talking in the background) with SF vanilla...aaaaand cream...
Me: Ok, what else for you..
Customer: (slightly indistinct chattering in the background) *male voice* uh, EARL GREY! *female voice* do you have like that cup? you know, um, oh, maybe I like that one. Hey do you guys have t-shirts?
Me: No, what exactly are you looking for?
Customer: (talking to each other) oh, that one is kind of nice, but I don't know.
(at this point, about 10 minutes have passed)
Me: So you are just getting an Earl Grey and a large decaf coffee with sf vanilla and cream?
Customer: Uhm, yes? But wait

and then, I woke up. For real. Moral of the story is this, if you ever find yourself trying to do this, I will throw poopy diapers at your face then ask that you leave. I didn't realize how much work affects me sometimes. First of all, I hope you would not call just to have us make you a decaf coffee with cream and vanilla and an earl grey. You can wait the 30 seconds it will take to prepare those when you get up to the counter. Secondly, if you are looking at the website with the merchandise, order it off there. The same stuff isn't always in stores. If you want instant gratification, then by all means come into a store and peruse the merch.

No comments:

Post a Comment