Monday, December 5, 2011

Save the inuendos for you bedroom, please!

More often than I'd like, many men have made unnecessary sexual innuendos. Oh, don't get me wrong, there have been women too (geez, the amount of "That's what she said" jokes said by us behind the counter are through the roof), but the men...oh...the men...they have made some memorable moments. I'll start with today. A man came through the drive-thru and said it was his first experience at our establishment. He then followed it with a "I'm a virgin...so be gentle..." in a slightly less-than-normal tone. Not bad. Except for the awkward faces and the "Did you make it with looooove?" comment. But really, that is not the worst one. I'm actually surprised I haven't told this tale. Once upon a time....ok, just kidding...this is an actual drive-thru conversation. (I'm skipping to the good part)

Customer: Yeah, and can I get a slice of banana bread with that?
Me: Really? Are you sure?
Customer: Well, what would you recommend?
Me: Well we have a really good almond peach bread that's moist, like a pineapple-upside down cake. It's probably my favorite right now.
Customer: Well, I like moist things......
Me: Uh..sir, I don't like the direction this conversation is going so we'll have your total at the window.
(at this point, the other girl I was working with is laughing in a slightly disgusted way. I proceed to ask her to take his money and hand him his purchases because I'm grossed out. But naturally, I am curious to put a face to the comment so I nonchalantly walk past the window. Of course, it it not some sexy Brad Pitt look-a-like...it is a grade-A creeper.)

Oh, the things I do and the people I deal with for this job. I'm lucky I love my co-workers, otherwise I would've left a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment